Megan from Marriott

So I have had a lot of people message me about what I am doing with Marriott, what my plans are for the future, and what I do for my side job!
Well here I am to enlighten you on my update of what we call LIFE!

Yes, I currently work for Marriott Vacation Club! This is my 2nd year interning for the company because with my major being hospitality, I have to complete 800 hours of work within the industry. I worked Frond Desk last summer (2017) as a Front Desk Agent at Park City, Utah, and absolutely loved it! Every hospitalities first job legit has to be front desk! Any general manager you talk to, will say that they started at the front desk! Park City will always and forever have my heart, but I finished that summer short of 1 week! I was so bummed i couldn't stay another week! So I thought of this as another opportunity to get my name out there and do more networking! I applied for the Activities Coordinator position at Marriott's Shadow Ridge Resort in Palm Desert, California! Knowing that was a big move for me, and the job posting said "Starting in February looking for a 6 month intern", I didn't let that stop me from applying! Shoot your shot! I wanted a different location, and a different position to boost my resume and my experience with going to different locations! After my FaceTime interview, I got the job! I did tell them I couldn't start until May, and they were fine with that because they wanted me! Fun fact... I almost took a job in South Carolina for Disney Marriott Vacation Club, but the communication was so spotty and things just weren't feeling right for me! I thought it would have been fun to go to South Carolina to experience the south, but also because my dad went to medical school in South Carolina and I thought it would be fun for my parents to visit me and visit where he went to school!
Everyone warned me about the Palm Desert heat! I believed them, but I wanted change, experience, and climate experience, so I said GAME ON!
Weird enough I feel like so far I am adjusting well to the heat! it is SO BRUTAL here with the heat, and what is so gross is I step outside for 2 minutes and i am already having sweat drip down my face, back, chest, and legs... so basically...everywhere! This is now a daily occurrence because with this job we work outside for the most part!
We do an array of activities! We have 2 swimming pools we do activities at! The pool right outside our center is where we host BINGO, cannonball contests, water balloon activities, minute to win it, family feud, tie dye shirts, and so much more! Inside the center we do activities such as spa scrubs,, bath salts, candy sushi, frushi (fruit sushi), play dough making, painting, mosaics, hummus making, ice cream sundaes, basketball/volleyball tournaments, and we have movies every day playing in your theatre at 10, 12, 2, and 7!




We also have really fun socials that we do outside or around the property, which is socials such as beer socials, hoppy hour, sangria and salsa, wine and cheese, s'mores, and we have a kids night in certain nights where the parents can drop off their children for 3 hours! WE HAVE SO MUCH TO OFFER ITS CRAZY! At our other pool, we have a huge 12x20 quarter million dollar media wall screen, and we play sporting events on it, such as we played the world cup these past few weeks, and then we also play trivia games on it, and we also have airbrush tattoos, games, get in the pool with guests and play games, and at both pools we have snow cone machines! Its more like having fun than working, which has been so fun!
I also love my job because everyone here for the most part likes us interns! They want to hang with us outside of work, and we all have so much fun with it! We go to dinner, someones house and play games, or go to new places around town and dance and have fun! The people I work with are already so special to me, because we are all around the same age, and we all just want to have fun! Shadow Ridge is for sure leaving a place in my heart!
You know what really did challenge me though? My compressor went out on me, meaning the AC in my car doesn't work! I had to drive 10 min to work and back with NO AC and lets just say I really didn't know how i survived! I would get out of my car and would be cooler outside (110 degrees) than in my car! I will never forget when I was on my way to work, there was construction on the road, and no one was moving.. i am 5 min from work, its 10 am and seriously its already 115 outside and my glasses are slipping down my nose because I am so sweaty, and i was so miserable.... but shout out to Honda for fixing it for me and now I am THRIVING in my AC! Its the little things we need to be thankful for!

In my last blog I explained a little bit about what I do on the side of Marriott, and lets just say NO I DID NOT QUIT MARRIOTT I AM STILL WITH THEM AND LOVE THEM! I just like to stay busy and decided to take on another business role! Basically, i change lives, save you and your family money, help you get residual income, and also get you and your family healthier! So much of us struggle wealth or health wise, and i want to help YOU and your FAMILY! I am so so blessed to find 2 jobs i am passionate about, and with this other job I don't even have to report for duty! Its all in my hands, my own time, and meeting with others who want a change! Not a lot of you know but I did fly out to Utah about 2 weeks ago to attend the convention for this company and it CHANGED MY LIFE! I learned so much about business, network marketing, and how we are different from your typical promoters hitting you up to try their products! I met so many new friends, and can't wait to come back to Utah to build my relationship with them even more, but also my friend extended his home for me to stay at and take me to the convention, and I am truly blessed with the best of friends who extend their hands out to help me, help me succeed, and build those lifelong friendships!  If you want to know more, please message me! If you know me, Megan Brown, you know I will NEVER let you down! Help me help you!

So there is that life update for you! More to come!

All my love,
XOXO,
Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate