1st Grade VS College

I been thinking a lot about how hard life is getting. No one said life is easy, and if they do say that, then they are doing something wrong.
Think back to the good ol 1st grader days. My elementary school required a dress code of only wearing navy blue, navy green, khaki, and white. I walked into school not worrying about what other people were wearing, or the latest fashion. I was able to walk in not worrying about how my hair looked or wearing make up.

We weren't judged as much as we are now as adults.

We didn't have to worry about who was dating who, who was cheating on who, or who is the most popular. We were careless little kids who ran around the playground, getting dirty, and doing what little kids do best.

College.

Girls are the worst. We can all admit that we get jealous of each other at times because she looks gorgeous today and i look like i just crawled out of bed. Boys think we look sick when we don't wear mascara ( i have had guys tell me i look asian, no joke), or you get the ol "Hey are you ok?" "yes I'm OK I'm not wearing mascara THANKS!

Goodness gracious.

We also all worry about who dates who, who is getting married, even us single people having to figure out what type of person we have to marry! Being a child our deepest concern was what toy we wanted at the toy store!


We also have to learn to budget our money and spend it wisely on food that is semi- healthy because healthy food is expensive, and as a kid we had to decide how to spend our dollar at the dollar store.

Basically, we didn't have much to care about as a kid, and being an adult, there is so much to face.

But lets face it.

Adulting is hard. Adulting is the worst. I kinda like it though... god has an amazing plan for me and you, and wants us to adult in the hardest way, because how will we ever learn to live if we don't face these social challenges?

Who cares what people think. I can wear my hair and do my makeup how i want, and i know someone will love me no matter what i look like. Its insane to me how looks are the #1 thing that people look at. Seriously irritates me. Makes me feel like there is no hope sometimes because I'm 5'2, white as can be, ginger, and look 12 without makeup. But i know there is hope that there are people that are that don't care about that stuff, or care what i wear, because there are good people that are not judgmental, and i praise them.

Nothing mattered as a kid, but now everything matters.

Be thankful for the person you are becoming, because we are all amazing in our own ways, and we are all beautiful as we are, and there is hope for a great future ahead!

I love you all, and thanks for your support!

xxoo,

Megs

PS: Here is my transformation from little megs, to current megs :)


PS. Go roll around in the mud, or go dance in the rain, and go puddle jumping, because you deserve it :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

A Graduate

My Adoption Story