Snow College Has My Heart

WARNING: SAPPY POST AHEAD!
Ok guys, Snow College has my heart!
First, people always ask me "Why Snow College?" When i tell them I'm from Washington State, and here is my reason:
I didn't want to go to college, i wanted to go to beauty school and become a Cosmetologist, and was 90% set on Paul Mitchell Provo, and even went a toured there and filled out the paperwork! I even went and toured Snow College Richfield Campus, and that campus just didn't feel like home to me. My mom told me i should look elsewhere because i would only be cutting farmers hair! HA..NO!
So as we toured Ephraim campus, i felt something special. This was a small school, small class sizes, and Jennee Moore gave me a tour that changed my life! I knew that this was the school for me, and i only applied to Snow College, and not even schools in WA! Crazy.. i know!
I didn't even know what to major in... i knew something business related, but Snow College was a great start to figure out what i wanted to do! I wasn't pressured to declare a major like they do at Universities, and the teachers cared about me passing their classes, and the student body here is what got me!
In the end, i will be moving onto Southern Utah University to study Hotel & Resort Management and specialize in Event Planning.. and maybe minor in Marketing!
I also came to Utah for school because my dads whole side of the family lives here, along with my sister Stacie and her husband! I love Washington with all my heart, and would live there! But i wanted something different, i wanted different friends... and don't get me started on how amazing my friends are! I love my WA friends SO much, but there is something special about my Utah friends!
I cried my first week of college, and thought i wasn't going to make any friends. I ended  up becoming good friends with my roomies living at the Suites, but some of those friendships didnt progress into my last semester, but i still love them!
                                                  Experiences Snow has given me:
Met amazing friends who have the same faith as me
Blessed me with a past committed relationship that taught me a lot about myself
My testimony has become stronger in the church
I love my family and get homesick every time i think of them (Currently kinda crying...)
I have become a better cook
I have appreciated the small town feel
Ephraim smells like a farm
There are only 3 good places to eat out at
I love Soda Shacks
Fry Sauce is amazing, and everyone needs to experience it!
Nature is beautiful here
I shaved my eyebrow to win because I'm competitive
Ive never been to so many weddings and seen so many people get engaged in a span of 6 months
Ive never seen so many sheep all at once crossing the road
TEMPLES ARE AMAZING!- Ive never lived so close to one, and am so blessed that i have the opportunity to go and do the things the lord wants me to do!
I could go on and on, but i don't wanna bore you :)

Im also gonna miss just walking in the middle of the street because the roads are never busy here, and you can walk in the middle of the road without hesitation, and its just so peaceful!Oh! And the random deer that you see walking on the roads is always fun! The sunsets and starry nights here are amazing, and Snow College.......i love you!!

I was telling my friend the other day how much i am going to miss this place, and being the baby i am, i got a little teary eyed, because Snow College has made me a better person! Snow College has taught me how to love, forgive those who have hurt you, serve others, appreciate the little things, and appreciate others!
I walk down campus everyday and not a day goes by that someone who you don't know will wave at you, or smile and say hello! I LOVE THAT! Snow College has the most friendly environment, and i love everyone here. I can't mention everyone, but you know who you are, and you have made me a better person!
I have never felt so wanted by friends, i have never felt so welcomed, and never felt so loved until i came to Utah.
ALSO! Weird note... i have never had a nickname till i came to college. After meeting a group of guys that i hung out with a lot last year, they gave me the name of "Megs", and it was weird... but now all my friends call me Megs, Meeegen, Meeeg, or Meggie... and i don't know a lot of people who call me by my normal name here! haha!
As i graduate with my AA this saturday... what? THIS SATURDAY I GRADUATE WITH MY AA! goodness.... i am growing up! I have grown up SO much! My mother can testify of that!
Anyways.. i sat in a chair at the library that faces the window looking outside, and as i sat there watching people walk by, people talking to each other, or giving someone a hug or high 5, it really made me think of how blessed i am that i have the friends i have. People come in and out of your life for a reason, and i hope i never get out of touch from friends here at Snow College! All of the friends i have met are "Christmas Card" worthy ! Meaning this: You want to keep them part of your life, and see them progress, and then see them have families!



I know i post a lot of pictures on social media, but i am someone who cherishes memories! I was taking down my pictures the other day, and i was labeling the backs of them, and it was just so weird to me to look back on some of these memories that have happened, but i am thankful for all the memories! In 50 years, they will be fun to look back on and see how people have changed!

Snow College has my heart, i love it here, love the people, love the teachers, love the town ( But i would never live here ;) ...)!!

Thanks to everyone who has supported my journey here at Snow College, and thanks to my friends for being my friend! You guys are the real MVP :)

Sorry i have been MIA with the blog, ill try to be better about it over the summer!

xxoo,

Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate