Back to Blogging!

So i had a draft on here about my Marriott life over the summer, but i felt like i gave a good portion of my experiences in my last blog.... But let me just remind you of some things....
1. Live alone for awhile, you learn a lot about yourself
2. You learn to love your family so much more and what they do for you
3. You meet the most amazing people from all around the world
4. You learn to know who your real friends are that reach out to you even though you are 100+ miles away
5. You learn what your priorities are (making yourself nice dinners, going to church, Fitness, ect)
6. You go on your hikes and adventures and actually have fun by yourself.

These are just a few things that i learned from myself from living at Park City by myself, and i am eternally grateful for this opportunity to learn about myself, and taking care of others within the hotels, and making other people a priority instead of myself a priority.

Since Marriott is kinda in the past now, i decided to delete my draft and tell you more about how this semester is going.

This semester (Fall 2017), is my last semester of being Junior. I turned 22 not too long ago, and i am still a Hotel Resort & Hospitality Major. I feel so old sometimes, and then i look at some of my other friends who turned 24-28 and realize i am still so young!
I came in to this semester not wanting a job at all. A few weeks in i get an email from an acquaintance, asking if i would be interested in a social media/marketing job for his boss. I was in Disneyland when i got this email, and i was so flattered! When i came home i met with the team that wanted to hire me, and the opportunity of controlling the social media for this team seemed so unreal! I have always wanted to be part of the student body organizations and give my part, but its hard to get in to that here! I took the job, and its so fun to be part of such a great organization, and meeting everyone was so awesome because they came to me with open arms and gratitude. My heart was even more full knowing 3 of my friends in the organization referred me for the job! Wow. Blessed.

My roomies are amazing. I met them last semester through a mutual friend, and i thought these girls were so mean... well they thought the same about me and now we are best friends and do everything together! We live in a new complex that feels more like home than where i lived before, and its only the 3 of us. We always are inviting friends over just to hang out, and we love to make brownies for other people! How else are you supposed to awkwardly make friends?
Last year, the first semester, i didn't really have any friends. I was alone most of my nights because i didn't want to go do anything by myself, even though i know i am social, so for my birthday last  year it was just me and my roomies, and we just went and did little things and they took me out to dinner, and it was fun, just a weird and different experience not knowing anyone. Well... this year i know about 20x more people than i did last year, and my roomies and i organized a party for myself, and i felt so blessed and surrounded by love. You invite so many people and pray that atlas 5 people would show up... well this year i easily had 20 people stay and dance and mingle, and others that just came by to say happy birthday, and i have never felt so much love, i am truly so blessed to have met the people i have so far here at Southern Utah University.

The friends i have met this summer and this semester so far are so great. Male and Female. Sometimes i feel like i don't deserve the love i am shown. I had someone deliver flowers and Starbucks to my door on my birthday... like i have never been shown so much love and i just wept at the fact people care about me! That sounds pathetic... but we all have points in life where we don't feel wanted, or loved by who we want, but in the end, someone always cares, and i love that my parents are a FaceTime call away, or a text away. Side-note: i am now an iPhone user and it has changed my life so much!

My classes are so good this year. I am currently in 2 cooking classes, and i post everything on Snapchat in hopes that men would want me to come over and cook for them ;) . I am also in an event planning class and LOVE IT! We learn how to host events, and actually take part in them so we know how different events work. Then the one class i don't really like but is actually really interesting is Facilities Management, and i learn about the construction around campus, along with how maintenance works around campus, and on Wednesday we are actually touring all of the underground tunnels! So i guess its a cool class.... just not my future!

I don't want to make this too long so i will post again soon.... but here is just the little bit of my life update! I love all the challenges that have come my way, and am so blessed by having all of you in my life, i love you all, and thank you for your continuous support!

XXOO,

Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate