#BLESSED

WHAT A MONTH!!!!

I dont deserve my friends! This past month i have been asked by so many of my friends "Do you have somewhere to go for Thanksgiving?" The fact my friends know my parents are in Seattle and some don't know about my Stacie and her husband in the Salt Lake area and ask me if i have a home is so comforting to me. I have such amazing and caring friends that i love so much.
Last year we had a Friendsgiving dinner, where each household brought something to share with everyone. As this year came around, i wanted to gather everyone again and have this dinner! I planned for 45 people, assigned food to houses, and brought all of the friends together, and what a humbling experience! Half of these people will be graduating in the spring and it breaks my heart because i have grown so close to so many of them! I cherish all of my friendships so much, and everyone always questions why i take so many pictures.... because i cherish all the memories and friends i make, and each picture is seriously worth 1000 words! I have also taken time out of my day to text someone i am thankful for, and just tell them how much i appreciate them! I love serving others, and want everyone to serve each other!

I sit down and just think about how blessed i am to be surrounded by such great examples, the lifelong friendships i have made, and all the hard work i have been putting in to school. I am only 22 and i feel like life is just swinging away! I am still young, i know, and i am so excited for 2018!
I am so blessed to have such a great family. College really does bring you closer to family, and makes you thankful for everything they do for you. I am blessed to have a sister live in Utah to visit, and an adorable nephew to look forward to spoiling! CANT GET ENOUGH OF HIM!!
School is going great, but things are starting to get crazy! After i signed up for Spring classes, i realized i finish Fall 2018... so close! I am starting to look at companies i want to work for, and an internship to do in the summer! I have to do 800 hours of interning for my major, and i am 90 hours short, so i am excited to do another internship and gain all the experience i can get!
PS. MY SCHOOLS FOOTBALL TEAM IS BIG SKY CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



I want to tell you about what i did 2 days ago.. i went on a free trip to VEGAS for my career! Perks of being a hospitality major, we have a lot of connections in Vegas, so we went and toured the Luxor, and Red Rock Resorts... all i can say is WOW! The Luxor is part of the MGM property, and we got to learn so much about the MGM properties and what they are all about, and was provided with free buffet breakfast, and was able to have executives sit with us while we eat (you hardly see executives or even get to talk to executives so its kinda a big deal) and i learned so much! Basically do what you love, and love what you do because with hospitality, you earn your way up the scale by showing your passion for the company, and want to help others improve! I talked with Saul, who is the executive of the gaming, and you don't realize how much they go through every day! He is managing millions of dollars per day, but he loves it! As we had 2 min left of mingling, i went over to a lady who is in charge of the events side, which is the side i am interested in, and what i love about her is she doesn't care mainly about experience, she cares about passion, being social, putting yourself out in the world, not afraid to get defeated at times, and is able to have fun (ME)! Where i really fell in love though was at Red Rock Resorts... it is not owned by MGM, but it is more on the quieter side of town, and is big and extravagant! You walk in to a bellman opening the door for you, you see exquisite flooring and design, and then you come across the most beautiful chandelier hanging from the ceiling... i just kept looking at it wondering when it was going to fall...! We walk upstairs to the most wonderful lunch set up for us and i just had to take a little bit of everything because WHY NOT! As i headed to my seat, the waiter comes over and PULLS MY CHAIR OUT FOR ME and hands me my napkin for my lap.... i seriously could not even with this place! We got a talk from the head of analytics, and he just makes me so excited for my career.. and could not stop telling us how much he loves recruiting SUU students! They showed us the most amazing rooms that started at $4500 PER NIGHT! I won't go on any more about this... but lets just say my major is the way to go!
I love my life, i love my school, i love my family,  i love my challenges, i love my friends, i love to LOVE.
I appreciate you all so much!


XXOO,

Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate