I'm the worst... and i'm sorry!

SO.
I'm the worst... i realized i haven't posted a blog since November....NOVEMBER! I thought i had posted a few after that.. but that was probably in my dreams... and the other thing is.. i post on social media daily and i feel like that is a type of blogging, because people see whats up with my life for "10 seconds", but they don't really actually know details of what i'm doing and how i'm actually doing!
Let me highlight for you some things that have happened since November.. and within a span of a few blogs, you will be covered;)

1. I went home for Christmas to WA and connected with my family more than i did friends
2. I joined a Sorority at my University called Alpha Phi.
3. I went to Newport Beach (again) for Spring Break
4. Invited a Stranger to be my date to my Alpha Phi Formal (its called getting out of your comfort zone...)
5. Went on a field trips and toured Park City Luxury Resorts, and Hotels in Salt Lake City.
6. An emphasis in Event Planning (what i want to do) is finally finalized and in place to graduate in.
7. I went on a cruise to Mexico and Jamaica
8. I learned how to pole dance
9. I learned how to Snowboard
10. Ive always known how valuable friendships are, but i really took that to heart this year.
11. I learned how to Golf

I will cover a few of those topics within a few blogs, but i assume you want to know whats up with Meg Brown currently. CURRENTLY i am in Palm Desert, California, interning for Marriott Vacation Club as an Activities Coordinator!
WHY?
So if you know me, you would know i interned in Park City, Utah last summer at Marriott Vacation Club as a Front Desk Intern. I loved that job. I learned everything i needed to know about guest services, Park City, how to deal with the customers that grind your gears, and learn other departments, such as engineering, housekeeping, activities, and accounting. I even got a secret tour from one of my managers who showed me blueprints of the hotel, secret passages and doors, and little tiny ladders that led up to secret doors that led to the roof to sit on. I immediately fell in love with the Marriott Brand. With my major, i have to graduate with an internship of 800 hours. I finished last summer with 760... AKA SHORT 1 WEEK OF WORK! As flustered as i was... i knew i wanted more experience, and in a different department! As winter break came around, i was looking online for jobs, and as i was giving up, i stumbled across page 5/10 on a random job website that was hiring an Activities Coordinator for Marriott Shadow Ridge. They wanted me to start February though and be on for 6 months..i couldn't do that.. but being the smart person i try to be, i submitted an application anyways, and emailed the hiring manager right after and told him my situation.. he said he would be more than happy to hire me and is glad i submitted an app! LESSON LEARNED: DON'T BE AFRAID TO SHOOT YOUR SHOT CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW!
Also we had associate appreciation week last week and its so cool because they do rad things for you such as free food, free food, and more free food! But also i got free golfing lessons! Which we all know is expensive! And it was way hard because its an art that i cant master! Anyways..

When i made my announcement on social media of this great opportunity, i started getting told how hot it was going to be, and i said GREAT! Great because i wanted to try a different environment, state, and people! I am only 3 weeks in to this job and i love everyone already! All of us want to be around each other, hang out not at work, and have fun! Don't get me wrong.. it was 111 the other day and yes i was HOT.. BUT hydration is key folks, and TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!
Speaking of VITAMINS.... listen for a few seconds..

I started talking to this guy on Easter... as we talked, met, and then spent a whole weekend with him for my Alpha Phi formal and going to Vegas with him.. i learned he was a business guy. If you know me, i love business, and i love boys, so i was in. A few weeks later he started posting about this job that he started with and how it had already changed his life.. i was like ok ya whatever. I ended up calling him and being like "yo what the heck are you doing" and 2 hours of FaceTime later.. i joined! WHAT! Big leap of faith i took.. but let me tell you something... i take this vitamin that gives me the same energy as an energy drink does! Basically, screw energy drinks. I take this vitamin and i am all set for the day! Even in this 100 degree weather, I FEEL GOOD! I also take the multi vitamin 2 times a day and pretty sure that is also contributing to my feel goods i feel! But ill blog about that company separately, but if you want to feel good all day and know what i do.. MESSAGE ME PLZ! I love changing lives, i love business, and i love YOU!
I am still looking for fun things to do here in Palm Desert.. but so far...
1. I went to  Swiss Doughnuts and WOW
2. Attempted to hike the Bump N Grind Trail and didn't make it the first time.... (90 degrees half way in)...
3. Hiked the Bump N Grind Trail again (took that cool vitamin) and we made it in the same amount of time it took us to hike half of it.. WHAT! That energy was for sure flowing.. and we left 3 hours earlier!
4. Found some cute places to take cute pics (cause thats what I'm all about)
5. Went to a delicious Acai Bowl place
6. Found a gym that was affordable for 3 months (S/O to Lizzy Brown)
7. Jumped in the pool at work with my uniform on
8. Probably consumed more eyebrow sweat than i ever have in my life
9. My AC doesn't feel like AC anymore because its THAT HOT!
10. I have been so blessed with my roomies!

I double triple swear i will be better with blogging because SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED and i cant wait to catch y'all up! If you made it this far, you now have a sneak peak as to what has been up!
Love you all and i love seeing all of you succeed in your own ways, whether it be graduating, getting married, having babies, getting a new job, whatever it may be! It truly warms my heart being in touch with all that are part of my life <3

XOXO,
Megs



Comments

  1. I loved this megs!!! Love you and so excited for you to own and manage the hottest hotel and let me come stay for freeeeee �� hahah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate