First Week Jitters

Im a big girl now.
I am attending my first University, Southern Utah University, i have a career picked out, Event Planning, and i feel like everything is slowly falling into place.
Being a transfer from Snow College, this place is bigger, has more people, and has endless adventures to embark on.
I want to tell you guys about my first week of school, because its been AMAZING!

1. I have met SO MANY people! The girls I room with, Jennee Moore, and Julia Rainey, are widely known  here, so everyday we always have someone new over that i am meeting, and being the shy person i am, they have brought they shy out of me!
2. We have parties on the daily, called "9 @ 9" which is you come over to our apartment (#9) at 9 in the evening, and Julia has a party rocker speaker that illuminates lights all over our porch, and people will just come over and hang with us! When its raining, we move the party inside, and its a great way to meet a lot of people! Our porch is called "The Porch" where anyone and everyone can come over :)
3. Classes. We all know we love walking in on the first day of classes all dressed up with out new clothes and haircuts, and most of all, seeing who is in our classes! Majority of my classes, i don't know anyone. One of my classes i know 2 people, but other than that, its all part of getting out of my shy shell and meeting new people! Still working on that...I think my classes will be fun, but now they are classes that pertain to my future, and you always have to have that one professor that is strict and doesn't smile..but thats ok, because classes are supposed to be serious anyways ;)
4. What would i do without my roomies? They introduce me to everyone that comes over that i don't know, they took me on an adventure on our day off on Thursday for National Parks Day, and we went to Cedar Breaks, and the view is amazing! I met like 10 people in that 1 Day! Later we went to McDonalds and got our free food thats on our "Starving Student Card" AKA Best investment ever! Its a card that has 2 all sides of free things to go do or eat! Then we went bowling and were the only people there, and then had our 9 @ 9!
5. I have a new BFF, and what would i do without her? Her name is Haylee, and we were like texting buff's before we met, because we were supposed to be roomies, so we found out that we have everything in common! So when we finally met, we instantly clicked and we see each other on the daily, and her and her boyfriend, Bracken, we are all now gym buddies! They are like the best people ever! They both push me to my limits at the gym, and I've been needing that push (#BrackenFitClub)!
6. EVERYONE IS FROM SNOW! I have met so many people that were at Snow when i was, so thats been a blessing to know i didn't come here alone!
7. SUU EVENTS! The student body has thrown the best events for welcome week this week! It started with free food, more free food, and having free food everywhere you go! They had an event the other day called "Paint The Town Red"where you go and look at all the clubs offered, participate in games they are holding, win free prizes, and leave a red handprint on the wall to leave your mark in Cedar City! They closed off all of main street, so it was huge! Then there was a "Party On The Hill" where you go to a Reservoir and you could go swimming, paddle boarding, or just dance and eat free pizza and get free prizes! They also had a magician, Daniel Martin, who is a very talented magician! I went with my friends Kyla and Damon from SNOW, so seriously, i love my friends.
8. FAMILY. I got homesick a lot at Snow because i was still young and was away from family, and would cry a lot because i missed them. Now that I'm at SUU, the homesick feeling has improved, but the other night, i completely lost it. I got in this mojo where I thought of how thankful i am for my parents. I am thankful everyday for their love and support, and their random texts they send me, telling me they are thinking of me. I love my parents, and i am thankful that they still love me, even though i can be a real pain. Being away from them is hard here and there, but I'm thankful that they are a phone call away, or a FaceTime call away when I'm not busy!
9. Random Adventures! Before they first day of school, i got asked if i wanted to go check out some cows my friend Sterling had, so i said DUH! Being from Poulsbo, WA, you don't see a lot of farmers and cows! And that was a spontaneous trip! Other nights consisted of going and playing volleyball, basketball competitions for brownies, and yesterday was bunny hunting! Who knew someone like me would start to enjoy hunting? HA, not me!
10. Snow Friends. I still have friends at Snow that text me or snapchat me everyday saying that they miss me! AWH! People miss ME! Thats always such a nice feeling :) Seriously though... no offense to anyone..... but college friends are way better :) I still keep in touch with some high school friends, but there is something special about college friends! Especially in Utah! There are a lot of people here that are Mormon like i am, so thats been a blessing to be surrounded my people of the same faith as me that go to church with me!
I have loved my first week here at SUU, and am so excited for all the adventures ahead of me as i continue to grow as a person, and become the person i want to be.
I love you guys for all your love and support, and love watching all my friends grow, get married, have babies, and progress in their life! I am truly thankful for every single one of you!

XXOO,
Megs


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate