I Hate You, I Love You, SUU

So I tried uploading a blog awhile ago about my first 2 weeks of being here at Southern Utah University, but for the life of me, it wouldn't load! So here i am today to try again and tell you about my first 2 MONTHS here at SUU!
To get the bad out of the way, I hate SUU! Classes are hard, social life is hard, family is far away, and i don't have my moms cooking....
I am currently in some Pre-Requisite classes, and some legit classes for my major. My major is in Hotel Resort & Hospitality Management, and hope to become an Event Planner, don't know the area yet specifically! I am in an accounting class, which is kicking me in the booty! I thought it was going to be fun and easy, but its not as fun and easy as i thought learning about credits and debits ect.... My nutrition class is going well and i realize my nutrition is kind of down hill... that class makes me feel bad about my food choices... I love my hotel hospitality class, because we go on many trips to different types of local hotels and get to learn all about them! My marketing teachers keeps me awake at 8:30 AM and my management teacher is quite the exciting man!
SOCIAL LIFE! Who knew making friends for myself would be so dang hard! At Snow College, it was so easy to make friends and always go to things with a solid group of friends, but for some reason here at SUU it has been harder! I am a shy person who doesn't like inviting herself to things, so maybe thats why I'm struggling, is because a lot of people here already have their group of friends from previous semesters, so hopefully i can break out of my stupid little shy shell i have and try to get myself out there! I am socially awkward sometimes... what if i say something stupid? I keep telling myself I'm only 2 months into school, and still have 4 semesters left.. so i think i will be ok! BUT REGARDLESS, i have met some amazing people here!
FAMILY is so far away... of course i move farther away from family to continue my education.. but SUU was the only school that had my desired major (not a bad thing at all). I have family up north, but its a solid 3-4 hour drive to get to my sisters house! Then i have my parents who are still home in Washington, and for some odd reason, the home sickness has been SO REAL! I have not been so homesick my whole life till i came to SUU! I get emotional just face timing and calling them! And i don't have my mom making me delicious stroganoff or smoothies... and i miss those!
OK, I LOVE SUU!
My teachers are fantastic, hard, but fantastic, caring, and care about you passing their class! Certain classes i struggle with, my teachers tell me they want to do everything they can to get me to pass their class! How blessed am i that i have teachers who know me by name and want to help ME? Not common right!??
Adventure here is endless, i haven't been on any of the hiking trails yet besides Cedar Breaks, but I'm excited to get out there and see the beauties of Cedar City! I did go to a local underground Sheep Tunnel which was super cool and it goes on forever!
Ive met some amazing friends, that are mature, fun, and make me laugh, and call me the basic white girl (just because i love Starbucks and "act" like one....?) SORRY!
Adventures I've been on: Sheep Tunnels, Chilis, late night taco bell runs, solo late night runs to Walmart, smashing a beer bottle for my 21st, late night movies, sunset watches on top of buildings, SUU dances, institute dances, my toilet flooding, lipstick breaking, cup falling off my car and getting ran over, accounting for 6 hours, bombed some tests, passed some tests, food poisoning from a breakfast burrito, and plenty more i can't remember right now!
I will be better about blogging and that is a promise!! My priorities have just been elsewhere.... but check out my SUU Take 1 album to keep caught up in my adventures! I promise my life is exciting! And dramatic, can be sappy, but i am currently happy, and heres to a week of 4 tests!
Let the stress and facials begin!
Thanks for all the love and support! Keep me in your prayers with my accounting class!

XXOO,
Megs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BACK AT IT AGAIN

My Adoption Story

A Graduate